Dos and Don’ts during NSF to PST Migration
If you are pondering upon changing your email client from Lotus Notes to Outlook, then conversion of NSF email to Outlook PST files will not let you lose your old Lotus Notes email data and you will be able to keep accessing it in PST files after conversion. This will help you retain all the Lotus Notes email info in Outlook. This conversion can be done by using some outside tool to convert Lotus Notes NSF files to MS Outlook PST files.
Useful NSF to PST Migration Tool:Export Notes software is an easy-to-use tool that provides to its users an experience of ease and a feeling of comfort while using the tool for NSF to PST conversion. So, Lotus Notes NSF to MS Outlook PST migration would be an easy and simple task if you use this tool.
Do’s and Don'ts during NSF to PST Migration: If you have decided to perform NSF to Outlook migration using an outside tool, then you have to keep certain things in mind for carrying out the conversion process effectively. There are some do’s and don’ts that help you perform accurate, and correct migration process. Some most important do’s and don’ts during NSF to PST Migration are as follows:
Dos during NSF Migration:
- Do install IBM Lotus Notes email client on the machine where conversion has to be carried on
- Do Install Microsoft Outlook email client on the machine on which the conversion is planned to take place
- Do configure Outlook with dummy POP3 account
- Do make duplicate copy of all Lotus Notes NSF files that are need to be converted
- Do copy .id files also in case NSF files are encrypted, as you may require it sometime later
- Do check NSF file to analyze the corruption. There are chances that some folders might get grayed out or show a light green color. To remove view corruption, rename an existing folder in NSF file or take emails out of grayed folder and copy email to some other new folder and then close the NSF file to take changes into effect.
Don'ts during NSF Migration:
- Don’t connect to Domino Server during the process of Notes conversion
- Don’t work on same NSF file which is in use during Lotus conversion
- Don’t convert those NSF files, which are stored on the network shares, as it may cause delay in the conversion process and your data might be lost.
Follow the above mentioned do’s and don’ts, and you will yourself observe and witness perfect migration from NSF to PST.
Download Now Export Notes software
- Export Notes Migration Tool
- 8.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, 5.5 & 5.0
- Required for DEMO Version and FULL Version to Work
- MS Outlook 2010,2013, 2007, 2003, XP, 2000, 98 and 97
Demo version converts only first 25 Lotus Notes items from each folder. It shows that how Export Notes actually works.
Order Online Now Export Notes software
If you are satisfied with Demonstration of Export Notes software & want to convert entire Lotus Notes database to MS Outlook email application, then you can order full licensed version at reasonable cost.